Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mommy's Half Marathon

One year ago I would think you were crazy if you told me I was going to run a Half Marathon in the middle of my grad school adventure. Three weeks ago I ran 7 miles and my sis mentioned I should do a half at some point. I looked at my schedule and races and the best time to do one was today! I only ran up to 10 miles before hand (which was horrible!) but today wasn't too bad. I ran 13.1 miles in 2:27:15. I wanted to run it under 2:30:00 without stopping to walk and I did.
Thank you so much to my wonderful husband Jared who let me run for hours when he needed to get school work done. Also to Cindy, Mammie & Pawpaw for watching Cal during my runs and today. Thanks to Cara S. and Amy W. for the training tips and all the encouragement. And of course to my sis and rents who were my biggest cheerleaders (in spirit). Jared had class this morning so he couldn't go :(
My goal is to run a full marathon in Jan or Feb of 2012!

The before pic... a little tired at 5:55 am.


The after picture... nice and refreshed :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Followers