Monday, October 18, 2010

Firearms

I am not the biggest fan of guns. Not for any reason in particular, but they kind of freak me out. Every year at the fair my Dad plays a game on the Midway that entails "shooting out" a star on a small piece of paper from far away. I did it one year and I didn't like the feeling. Flashing back to my childhood, I remember hanging out with my cousins, Mike and Philip, at Papa Jack and Nanny Kay's house. They were shooting a bb gun and they asked if I wanted a turn. Being the younger girly cousin that I was (am),I said yes. All I remember is that they didn't teach me how to hold it, so the kick-back jolted me and I cried. No fun!
Last Christmas Dan, Jared's cousin, gave Cal a toy gun. My first thought, "that's going in the closet." It did. It did until two weeks ago. Now Cal is running around with our ten year old neighbor shooting each other. What is a mother to do!? I guess I would be considered more of a city girl, but I just feel weird about Calvin shooting at me as we are playing around the house. I guess that's what I get for marrying a man from Grapevine, Texas, whose family is from Keller and Fort worth Texas - country folk.


No comments:

Followers