Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Summer Day with Mom & Cal

Today has been a fun and relaxing day, so I decided to blog about it. I didn't take pics of all our adventures, but oh well...

First, we went for a nice jog/walk and Cal played at the park. Then Cal took a 2 hour nap from 8:30 to 10:30... crazy. After a nice lunch of veggie dogs and fruit, we headed to a shopping strip to look around. This included Ross, Half Price Books and Pet Smart. Cal LOVED looking at all the animals. (I got that idea from my sis, Kenz loves dogs.) Once we got home we had a snack and watched Backyardagans... great kid show!

Then we tried on many shoes that all don't fit....

These are Dallas Cowboy Crocs that are too big, Jared saw them at the State Fair last year and just had to get them. In the back ground you will see some cute Pedipeds we got for Jordan and Casey's wedding. Two weeks later that were too small!


Aunt Janna is letting us borrow these.. but they are too small too! StrideRite size 5 WIDE!!!



After our hopeless shoe adventure, Cal proceeded to tear up the house. If you know me, you should know that I like things in order and everything has it's "place." I have let go of course, since I've had Cal, but today I let him really run wild.

Later on I found a vacuum attachment piece and a sock in the Tupperware cabinet... crazy kid!

He took another crazy 2 hour nap, then we headed to the Chiropractor. We got home about 5:30, had dinner and played. Dad got home at 6:30 and it was play time!
I had coffee with my friend, Christine, at a neat place called Roots.
And now it is time for bed. I start work on Monday and I will definitely miss fun days like today :)

2 comments:

Phillip, April and Alden said...

What a nice "mommy" day, he is at such a fun age! I like the Backyardigans too, I love the songs...

Kristen said...

What a fun day! I love that our kids have the opposite foot problem :) See you guys in a few days!

Followers