Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Fun

We have been so busy the past week or so I have forgotten to blog! We have amazing news.... Jared got a full time job at CCA (the school he coached at last year)!! He will be teaching 8th grade logic, 8th grade bible, a tutorial class, co-teaching 12th grade bible, JV football and Varsity football. This fall will be crazy with the football schedule but Jared will be getting amazing experience this year.
Here are a few things we did this week....

Wednesday Cal and I had a play date with a boy from church, Jacob, who is only 3 weeks older than Cal. They had a blast chasing each other and going up and down two steps they have upstairs.

Saturday we went to Jacob's first birthday party. Katie did an awesome job with the cake and cupcakes.



At the end of Jacob's party we decided Cal needed to try a cupcake.. not too interested really.

During Cal's naps I have been scrap booking like crazy! Instead of a baby book I am doing a scrapbook of his first year. It is time consuming but worth it. My goal is to finish it before I go back to work, August 17th.

Cal has swimming lessons this week. Yesterday he had a blast splashing and practicing his "scooping" skills that the lifeguards taught him.

2 comments:

Mike and Karla Woods said...

Congrats on the new job Jared! I love Cal's face eating teh cupcake LOL You are so good! I had all that i need for scrapbooking and I have not started MA's yet :( I never have a minute I can seat down without MA around...except when he goes to sleep at 9..too late for me already and on weekends MA refuses to take a nap LOL. Make sure to bring teh scrapbook on Thanksgiving! maybe I get to do some of mine. You are inspiring me!

Kristen said...

Yay Jared!!! Calvin is going to be a little fishy after his swimming lessons! I applaud you for doing the scrapbook...I never even started for Kenzie.

Followers