Friday, July 29, 2011

Chicken Salad with Cherries & Berries

I found a great healthy (I think) chicken salad recipe in a Sprouts magazine but I can't find it online to share. I will just have to type it......

Chicken Salad with Cherries & Berries

2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp white wine vinegar (I couldn't find this so I used salad vinegar)
1 tsp Dijon mustard (I accidentally used 2 tbsp and I'm glad I did)
2 tbsp minced scallions
1/4 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup fresh blueberries (next time I will cut them in half)
1/4 cup cherry pieces
1/4 cup fresh blackberries (I won't use these next time, the seeds get stuck in my teeth)
12 oz cooked chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces (I used two whole chicken breasts)
8 cups mixed salad greens (optional, I liked it with crackers or on a sandwich)

-In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, vinegar, mustard, and salt & pepper
-Add minced scallion
-Carefully stir in berries & cherries
-Add diced chicken & gently toss so as not to crush berries
-Arrange greens on serving plates, top with chicken mixture, and serve

*4 servings, 265 cal per serving, 10g fat, 2 g fiber, etc.

No comments:

Followers