Monday, July 25, 2011

Hot & Yellow

It is yellow week around our house which goes with our HOT weather theme here in the DFW area. It has been over 100 degrees for weeks and weeks.







I figured I would give everyone a baba update..... he still loves that old baba!! As you can see we have "baba 1" and "baba 2." At first Cal wasn't a fan of #2 but he has warmed up to him. If we need to wash #1 he is ok to just have #2. I'd like to let all the parents out there know that if you think it will be cute for their kid to get attached to a blanket or stuffed animal... think again! My sister suggested years ago that we should swap out the blanket or stuffed animal that Cal sleeps with so he doesn't become attached. I ignored her because my mom had given me my baby blanket and just thought it would be adorable for him to sleep with it. If you check out the picture you can see #1 is down to a few strands and will soon be just a white blanket with some yellow trim. We will see how long he lasts!






Another yellow note worthy thought I'd like to share is how great lemons are for you. I learned this from my chiropractor and sister-in-law (or maybe mother-in-law). Lemons have a crazy amount of vitamin C. If you are feeling like you need a vitamin boast, add a slightly pealed lemon into your smoothie.






Last but not least we made yellow cupcakes. They were going to be sun cupcakes but I didn't realize we were running so low on candy corn. Cal loved decorating them, but more than anything eating them :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

OH the babster...it lives on! Maybe he'll have babster #2 until his wedding night ;)

Followers