Thursday, July 21, 2011

Deck of Cards Workout

Monday I had the pleasure of working out with my mom's trainer, Micheal. He is great! I have worked out with him before but this was the most fun and different workout. All you need is a deck of cards and maybe some hand weights.




You pick out four different strength/cardio activities and assign them to a suit:
Diamonds= push ups (regular, on your knees, or at an incline-which makes it easier
Spades= dead lifts
Hearts= squats
Clubs= and rows (with some fancy rope hanging from the wall)
Aces= abs
Jokers= water breaks
When I do this at home I will probably do push ups, squats, lunges with bicep curls, and stationary squat with rows. You can vary it up as much as you want!! If you pull a 5 of hearts, then you do 10 squats (so you double the number). Jack, Queen, & King act as a 10 (so you'd do 20).

Hope you all enjoy the workout!!


This is an old photo but Cal loves to work out!
Here is a link I found for a similar workout:
http://www.personaltrainercoach.com/deck-cards-workout/

No comments:

Followers